rtol solid ltor


rtol solid ltor
Specialists in non-resort, village-life property and land sales - La Oliva, Tindaya, Lajares, El Cotillo, El Roque, Villaverde...

Bliss Properties

This site is constantly up-dated with new properties

for sale, long term rent and land for new-builds.

Property Search by ID Number

(not rentals)


To be kept informed of new additions please enter your details below:




Bliss Properties Fuerteventura

Calle Francisco Morales

Aguiar 1,

La Oliva 35640, Fuerteventura,

Canary Islands, Spain

Click here for Google Map

m 0034 680 901153 

t 0034 928 868839




Living in Fuerteventura

NIE, DNI, NIF, CIF, Social Security Number

NIE (Número de Identidad/Identificación de Extranjero): In Spain, this is your identification number. You need this in order to pay taxes, start a business, open a bank account, purchase a property, and for almost any form you fill out.

DNI (Documento Nacional de Identidad): This is the ID number for Spanish citizens.

NIF (Número de Identificación Fiscal): This is the Tax ID number for all individuals. For foreigners, it’s the same number as your NIE. Once you have an NIE, you do not need to re-apply for a NIF; if and when you have to pay taxes, use your NIE number.

CIF (Certificado de Identificación Fiscal): This is the the same as the NIF, but for companies.

Social Security Number: When you start work in Spain, you employer will apply for your number. If you are self-employed, you apply for this number yourself.


If you pay into the Spanish social security system you will be eligible for healthcare. You will be able to register with a local doctor and the system works very much like the UK NHS. Having used the system ourselves as have friends, we have all been very pleased with the service we have received and have in fact, not heard of any negative reports.

If you do not pay into the Spanish social security system you may be able to get state healthcare if:

  • You are in receipt of a UK State Pension, long-term contribution-based Incapacity Benefit or Bereavement Benefit (apply for an E1212 form).

  • You are an early retiree to Spain and have been resident here less than 2 years (apply for an E106 form).

  • You are a posted worker for a UK company.

  • You are a dependant of someone who falls into one of the above categories.

  • You spend less than 6 months of the year in Spain and have a valid UK European Health Insurance Card.

If you do not fall into one of the above categories, then you should consider private health insurance.

For more information, call the Overseas Healthcare Team:

Tel: 0044 191 218 1999        

For more information on Pensions, Benefits & Healthcare:




We have a separate page for retirement information: Click here


Schools & Education

There are no British schools on the island of Fuerteventura. We have heard that some children do take the daily ferry to Lanzarote, but this doesn't appear to be very common.

Children may start school from the age of 3 and it is compulsory from the age of 6 to 16 if the parents are legally resident in Spain, and is free from pre-school to 18 years. However, as pre-school is not obligatory, not all children can gain a place. Education is free accept that parents are required to purchase books and all materials. (We have noticed that our 2 local schools are beginning to 'lend' books from school in some years free of charge, and this is definitely on the new, emerging pattern.)

It is important to note that children can only be enrolled when amongst a list of documentation, they have an NIE Certificate and a property purchase or rental contract that has been registered with the Ayuntamiento as proof that they are residing here. So, for many families it is necessary to move here and then register children at school.

Having used the education system here for our four children, we can advise families moving here of the documentation you will need to bring with you and the process that you need to undertake once you arrive.

British Council:


Spanish Ministry for Education



Spanish Labour Ministry

This website is for foreign nationals and published in both Spanish and English:


Spanish Ministry for Employment and Social Services (some information in English):


Spanish Employment Agency (INEM) )some information in English):


Self Employment:


British CHamber of Commerce in Spain:



Spanish Social Security

The Spansih Social Security Department is called the INSS. Extensive information (in English) can be found on:




Britain has a double taxation agreement with Spain to ensure that people do not pay tax on the same income in both countries. Residents, including retired people, are liable to pay tax on income earned in Spain. This includes Property or Real Estate Tax, Wealth and Capital Gains Tax, VAT (IVA), Inheritance Tax, and local municipal charges.

Taxation is a complex issue and advice should be sought. We have the details of an organisation on our website, this link will take you the the relevant page: Click here

Opening a Bank Account

UK nationals can open a bank account with a residence certificate or with a passport and NIE (Identification numner). An NIE number is necessary to purchase cars, mobile telephones and property. The easiest way to obtain an NIE is to use a solicitor, which we can arrange for you.


Buying a Car

You must have an NIE number and provide evidence of of your address. Purchasing a new car from a dealership is quite straight forward. There are a number of insurance companies, and certainly we can recommend one in particular that appears to offer the most competitive price time and time again.

YOU MUST KEEP YOUR DOCUMENTS IN THE CAR AT ALL TIMES. If you do not, you can be fined. Photocopy your reistration document and ask the Ayuntaminento to stamp it so that you can keep a stamped copy in your car. You also need your insurance documents AND the receipt to show that you have paid the insurance.


When buying a second hand car:

  • Make sure it has a ITV Certificate (similar to an MOT) - this is necessary for cars over 4 years old.
  • Make sure that the chassis number is the same as the one on the registration document.
  • Get a transfer of ownership document (transferencia) from the seller.
  • You will need to have the Registration document changed to show your details. This is fairly complicated and it may be best to get the help of a solicitor.
  • You need the Road Tax receipt and a photocopy.
  • You need a receipt for the payment of Transfer Tax.

NOTE: You have 15 days to register the vehicle in your name.

NOTE: As with property, the debts on a car follow the vehicle so it is vital that there are no debts associated with the vehicle or they will become your debts on purchase - even parking fines!


Television & the Internet

British television can be received with a subsription to the licensed company or a 3.5m Sky satellite dish. Television can also ne watched via the internet.

Telephone lines and ADSL lines are still only available in some areas, so it's something to check when considering a property. If these are not needed a great deal there are other options in areas where they are not available, such as a 'Dongle' that works via a mobile telephone network.


Animals & Pets

Spanish Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries & Food (Ministerio de Agricultra, Pesca y Alimentacion):

Tel: 0034 913 478295

Email: sganimal@mapya.es

Pet Travel Scheme:


We have some contact details for companies involved in pet travel: Click here


Voting in Spain

British nationals may vote in local and European elections.






























































rtol solid ltor

Site by Bliss-Properties.com



Click here for El Roque properties Click here for Lajares properties Click here for El Cotillo properties Click here for La Oliva properties Click here for Tindaya properties Click here for Villa Verde properties Click here for El Roque properties Click here for El Cotillo properties Click here for Lajares properties Click here for Villa Verde properties Click here for La Oliva properties Click here for Tindaya properties